The world’s premier digital violinist’s Dixon, follows a unique life mission and calling: To inspire his listeners to step into their hearts and explore the magnificent inner landscapes of the human spirit. Thus far, Dixon has been successful in this mission, receiving opportunities to travel throughout the U.S. and beyond captivating the spirits of audiences in prestigious festivals, venues, and arenas including Burning Man, Electric Forest, Rootwire, and as featured guest in two TED talks/performances…yet his journey has only just begun…
Recently, Dixon chose to leave behind a distinguished career as a business man in order to follow his dreams of becoming a musician full-time. A choice not easily made when considering the very real challenges of financial uncertainty and community support that walk hand in hand with the artist’s lifestyle. Yet his daring risk has paid off, and Dixon is now blessed with an opportunity to share the music he loves in a lifestyle that supports continual creative expression and growth.
His art reveals the power that awakens when one fully pursues their soul purpose, as his music bares his spirit through instrumentation that mesmerizes in a full-on audio journey experience. Classically trained since the age of 10, Dixon grew to become a symphony violinist by early adulthood. Later, through a series of revelational experiences, Dixon’s art evolved into a mystifying exploration of the senses, guiding listeners into uncharted territories of digital wizardry and musical shamanism. Through alchemizing the potency of the violin’s soothing melodic sounds with conscious spoken word, Dixon’s passionate energy enchants, transforms, and inspires all who experience his work to open wide and journey deep.
Recently Solpurpose had the honor of being invited into Dixon’s home for a chance to capture an intimate interview on his greater path and process. In a comfortable setting around his family’s hearthfire, we immersed into vibrant conversation. Much to our delight, the discussion rapidly deepened, as we were able to delve deep into important topics such as the importance of following one’s dreams, the significance of visionary art and culture, and the need to balance our passions with a healthy holistic lifestyle.
We invite you now to sit back, relax, and immerse into the world of Dixon’s violin; a realm of magic, healing, and awakening through the power of sacred sound…
:: Topics in Video One ::
- Who are you and what is your mission in what you do?
- What was the cracking moment that changed your way of experience life?
- How best to overcome the pressures of conventional society while trying to come into yourself as an artist?
:: Topics in Video Two ::
- How can someone try to discover their artistic passions, while still trying to maintain a sense of balance?
- Do you have any daily rituals or regiments to help you get into your creative space?
- Importance of setting up a container for an emotional experience.
:: Topics in Video 3 ::
- What are your thoughts on the visionary art movement and it’s effects? How are you a part of it?
- Transformational Festivals
- Where do you hope this movement takes us as a collective, beyond the individual impacts?
- What are your thoughts about the Rootwire experience?
:: Topics in Video 4 ::
- What are you striving for in the development of your abilities?
- Where would you like your art to go and what changes to you foresee taking place in your core?
- The power of the voice as an instrument. – Where does your inspiration come from?
- Any final thoughts to share with anyone watching this, both artist and non-artist?